We are about to share a full break down of the Atlanta golf scene. Courses, stores, driving ranges, Topgolf, and miniature golf in your area will all be discussed in full detail as this post goes along.
With that said we can’t come up with a better way to get this going than by listing the best public and private golf courses near you. They are the star of the show and deserve the top billing.
After they have been covered we will move on to the best local golf stores to buy new clubs, bags, balls, tees, apparel, and whatever other gear you might need. Then we will get into Atlanta golf driving ranges and putting greens for when you want to get some practice in.
Our final two things to mention will be about Topgolf and miniature golf courses in the area. We suggest that you stick around for the map towards the end so that you can figure out where all these courses and other spots are located.
This is a region we have written quite a few other posts on in the past if you are interested.
Best Golf Courses In Atlanta
The best public and private golf courses in Atlanta would be:
- East Lake Golf Club at 2575 Alston Dr SE
- Candler Park Golf Course at 585 Candler Park Dr NE
- Charlie Yates Golf Course at 10 Lakeside Village Dr SE
- Steel Canyon Golf Club at 460 Morgan Falls Rd, Sandy Springs
- Settindown Creek Course at1608 Settindown Dr, Roswell
- Brookfield Country Club at 100 Willow Run Rd, Roswell
- College Park Golf Course at 3711 Fairway Dr, College Park
- City Club Marietta at 510 Powder Springs St SE, Marietta
- RiverPines Golf at 4775 Old Alabama Rd, Johns Creek
- The Country Club of the South at 4100 Old Alabama Rd, Johns Creek
- Atlanta Athletic Club at 1930 Bobby Jones Dr, Johns Creek
East Lake Golf Club and Atlanta Athletic Club have 18-hole courses with 74 and 77.4 course ratings, 137 and 152 slope ratings, and total lengths of 6,886 and 7,613 yards for pars of 72.
Candler Park and Charlie Yates are a couple of fun par 3 golf courses near you that both have 9 holes with lengths of 1,981 and 1,953 yards for pars of 33 and 30.
Many people have been playing at Steel Canyon Golf Club’s 18-hole par 61 course since 2002 which has a total length of 3,842 yards, 62 course rating, and 109 slope rating.
Settindown Creek opened in 1988 and features an 18-hole par 72 course with a 76 course rating, 150 slope rating, and a length of 7,332 yards.
Brookfield Country Club and The Country Club of the South have private local 18-hole golf courses with pars of 72, course ratings of 72.9 and 74.3, and lengths of 6,813 and 6,982 yards respectively.
College Park Golf Course has 9 holes with a par of 36, course rating of 33.6, slope rating of 116, and a total length of 2,987 yards.
City Club Marietta opened their 18-hole golf course in 1927 which has a course rating of 67.9, slope rating of 122, and a total length of 5,721 yards.
A fun 18-hole par 70 course can be found at RiverPines which has a 132 slope rating, 71.1 course rating, and 6,602 total yards.
Anyone that is searching for where to take the best golf lessons in your area should consider starting their search at one of the above as most should have PGA certified trainers on staff.
Best Local Golf Stores
When you want to buy new clubs, balls, bags, apparel, or anything else shop at one of these golf pro shops near you:
- PXG Atlanta at 3393 Peachtree Rd NE # 3029F
- Edwin Watts Golf at 3150 Piedmont Rd NE
- Club Champion at 6690 Roswell Rd # 540, Sandy Springs
- Golf & Tennis Pro Shop at 1801 Old Alabama Rd, Roswell
- Play It Again Sports at 2122 N Decatur Rd, Decatur
- Golf Carts at 1680 Lower Roswell Rd, Marietta
PXG offers golf clubs, sportswear, and everything in between plus they have large staging areas and state of the art simulators with TrackMan technology. Edwin Watts provides golf club repairing with other accessories and customization services.
With more than 50,000 hittable head and shaft combinations Club Champion ensures that you are playing excellent clubs for your game. They offer over 50 different brands including PXG and have all sorts of custom club fittings.
Golf and Tennis Pro Shop sells high quality equipment and accessories. Play It Again Sports is an all around sporting goods store where you can buy or sell new and used golf clubs near you for cheap as well as bags, balls, tees, and more.
New and used carts, parts, and accessories are available at Golf Carts.
Driving Ranges & Indoor Simulators
You can really hone your skills by spending time at one of these local driving ranges and indoor simulators:
- Cascade Road Driving Range at 3520 Cascade Rd
- Georgia Golf Center at 345 Cox Rd, Roswell
- Marietta Golf Center at 1701 Gresham Rd NE, Marietta
- Deer Valley Golf Range at 8015 Holcomb Bridge Rd
- The Swing Factory at 710 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Roswell
- Northcrest Golf Driving Range at 3545 Northcrest Rd
Cascade Road Driving Range, Georgia Golf Center, Deer Valley Golf Range, Northcrest Golf Driving Range, and Marietta Golf Center are outdoor driving ranges while The Swing Factory is indoors with golf simulators and practice putting greens.
All of the above are good places to go if you are searching for where to take the best golf lessons in the region.
Topgolf In Your Area
Miniature Golf Near You
These miniature golf courses in your area are good places to have some fun and get a little putting practice in:
- Skyline Park at Ponce City Market, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE
- Area 51 at 5100 Commerce Pkwy, Roswell
- Monster Mini Golf at 2505 Chastain Meadows Pkwy NW, Marietta
Area 51 features two 18-hole miniature golf courses while Monster Mini Golf offers an 18-hole blacklight course in Roswell that glows in the dark. College Park Golf Course from our top list also has a mini golf section.
By the way you can also read our posts on:
- Where To Buy Clubs & Balls in Charlotte
- Where To Buy Clubs & Balls in Nashville
- Where To Buy Clubs & Balls in Memphis
- Where To Buy Clubs & Balls in Miami
Enjoy Golfing In Atlanta
We wish we had more to share but for the time being that is all we’ve got. You read about the best public and private golf courses, local pro shops, driving ranges, practice putting greens, Topgolf, and miniature golf courses in your area and should be prepared to plan your next move.
Please use the comments to let us know if we got anything wrong or if anything we posted has become dated. Now go have fun playing golf in Atlanta.